Thursday, February 26, 2015

Weeks 14-21

Oh goodness! Long time no blog!! I have been wanting to get back into it and then every night when I sit down on the couch and have no energy to even think about writing =). Anyways, let's just jump right in shall we?! The biggest news of all is we are expecting again!!! We are due at the end of May and we are very excited.

Here's how it happened: Jason and I had thought about trying again around Christmas 2013, and I went to see my fertility specialist. At that time, he said that I would need to wean E (she was still breastfeeding) before we could start trying. I really didn't want to wean E because I wanted her to wean herself and so we decided to wait until that time before setting another appointment with the doctor. Fast forward 10 months....E was still breastfeeding in the morning and evening before bed which I was completely fine with and had really resolved to being ok with my timeline of when our next child came (if we were to even have another one) to being a lot farther out. It was October 1st and E and I had planned going to the zoo with some friends from MOPs. I woke up that morning and had breakfast and felt a little nauseous. I had been feeling nauseous for the past couple of days so I thought I may have been coming down with something, but then it would go away and I would think nothing of it. We went to the zoo that day and had a lot of fun. I had decided after feeling nauseous after lunch that day that I would take a pregnancy test the next morning just so I could get it out of the way. I really didn't think I was pregnant. How could I be when it took us so long to have E and I didn't ovulate on my own?





The next morning I woke up and took the test and then walked out of the bathroom to get E out of bed. After changing her diaper, I went back in to the bathroom to grab something and grabbed the test so I could look at it and throw it away since clearly it was going to have one line. Imagine my surprise when I looked at it and saw two lines!!! I was in complete shock! I called my doctor that morning when they opened to get started on my Lovenox shots and set up an appointment to see how far along I was since I had no clue! The next week we went in and saw a beautiful heart beat. Not only that, but there were two sacs in there which meant that I had ovulated two eggs! Sadly, one of them didn't make it but I am still praising God because this little baby is a miracle.

Once I found out I was pregnant, my symptoms came in full force. I was throwing up A LOT. Like A LOT. And I was tired and miserable pretty much the whole time. Good times with a very active 2 year old =). After several weeks of severe vomiting and losing a ton of weight, I was finally diagnosed with hyperemesis graviderum (Kate Middleton had it). I had to be hooked up to IV fluids for 2 weeks in my home continuously because I couldn't even keep water down and then also wore a Zoran pump for 5 weeks. It was an eventful first 16 weeks =).

Anyways, I'm officially 26 almost 27 weeks! Crazy right? I'm going to play catch up with my weekly updates for now and then hopefully by Monday when I'm officially 27 weeks, I will do them weekly. These are really just so I can have them for later when I make the little one a baby book because clearly my memory is shot now!

Here is week 14-21!






 Week 14

How far long: 14 weeks!

Baby size:

Maternity clothes: I'm still wearing my normal clothes but this baby is sitting really low so a lot of my jeans are starting to get really uncomfortable

Sleep: I'm sleeping ok. I just welcome sleep because then I don't have to feel nauseous anymore. 

Best moment of the week: I'm starting to not feel as nauseous anymore. I was able to decrease my medicine on my zofran pump without any increase in symptoms so that is a good sign! I was actually able to eat some Thanksgiving lunch last week and keep it down!! I also gained 3 pounds from my last doctor appointment - still not up to my pre pregnancy weight but getting there. 

Movement: I'm starting to feel little movements right above my bladder. I wasn't sure at first but I'm pretty sure it's the baby. 

Food cravings: I wouldn't call it cravings but I'm really liking baked potatoes right now. It's one of the only things my stomach will tolerate. 

What I miss: Eating normal meals 

What I'm looking forward to: Getting rid of the zofran pump at some point. Getting to eat normal food and not throw it up. 

Pregnancy Symptoms: Still nauseous but thanks to my zofran pump I haven't thrown up in 2 weeks. My sense of smell is through the roof and I still can't stand the smell of coffee brewing or eggs. 

Stretch Marks: None

Belly button: In



Week 15

How far long: 15 weeks!

Baby size:

Maternity clothes: None yet but my jeans are getting uncomfortable

Sleep: I got my Snoogle out of storage this week so I'm sleeping good

Best moment of the week: I got to eat an actual meal that was a normal size and not feel like puking afterwards!!! Big step people! My medicine is continuing to be lowered on the pump so I'm hoping it will be gone for good soon! 

Movement: I'm definitely feeling little quivers right above my bladder. There is no mistake now that it is baby. 

Food cravings: None really this week. 

What I miss: Having a normal meal

What I'm looking forward to: Getting rid of my zofran pump!! Also, Christmas is coming soon and I'm excited to celebrate with family. 

Pregnancy Symptoms: Less nausea (yay!) and sense of smell is still going strong

Stretch Marks: None

Belly button: In





How far long: 16 weeks!

Baby size:

Maternity clothes: None yet but I'm having to use rubber bands to hold my jeans together because it's just too much to button them. 

Sleep: Sleeping pretty good

Best moment of the week: I got the zofran pump off!! I am feeling pretty good now and nausea and vomiting isn't there anymore! Praise the Lord!! I'm excited to eat normal food - come on Christmas yummies!! Also looking forward to traveling to visit family this week for Christmas. 

Movement: Fun little quivers and punches - it's so fun. Probably one of my favorite parts of pregnancy

Food cravings: Ha! I'm just excited to eat normal food right now! Let's just call that my craving. I do like sweet potato chips right now - delicious!

What I miss: Nothing

What I'm looking forward to: Finding out the sex of the baby in a couple of weeks! 

Pregnancy Symptoms: Sense of smell is still really strong and poor Jason can't make a cup of coffee in my presence. 

Stretch Marks: None

Belly button: In



How far long: 18 weeks!

Baby size:

Maternity clothes: Starting to wear a couple of maternity clothes just because my sweaters and long sleeve shirts don't cover the mid section very well. I'm starting to wear some maternity jeans as well although I'm holding on to a couple pairs of non maternity jeans and leggings are my friend right now. 

Sleep: Sleeping well!

Best moment of the week: Being back home from Christmas festivities and feeling better after the stomach bug hit our house earlier this week. We came home on a Saturday night and Sunday morning, Jason woke up sick and two days later, I had it. It was miserable. Luckily,  didn't catch it. 

Movement: Feeling lots of movement. Punches, back or bottom pushes, this one is letting it's presence be known

Food cravings: Fried cheese sticks and sweet potato chips 

What I miss: Nothing

What I'm looking forward to: Finding out the sex of the baby next week!! Eek!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Little stings when I sneeze where my ligaments are so I know they are stretching and my acne is starting to appear. 

Stretch Marks: None

Belly button: In 



Week 20 - It's official.  I'm huge! 

How far long: 20 weeks! I feel like my belly "popped" this week! Holy cow!

Baby size:

Maternity clothes: Definitely wearing maternity jeans and leggings. They are just more comfortable now. I got some new long sleeve maternity shirts too so they have been nice. 

Sleep: Sleeping pretty good still!

Best moment of the week: We found out the sex of the baby last week!! IT'S A BOY!!!!! We are excited and it will be fun to have one of each. We have no idea on a name so right now baby brother is working just fine. 

Movement: Lots of movements - kicks, punches, and I think even some rolls. 

Food cravings: Cookies, sweet potato chips, nothing major right now

What I miss: Nothing

What I'm looking forward to: I get to shake the rattle at MOPs this week so that's pretty exciting. I wasn't past the first trimester the last time they had a regular meeting. I'm starting to think of ideas for the nursery. I know he won't be sleeping in his room for the first few months but it's still fun to plan!

Pregnancy Symptoms: My sense of smell has diminished a bit (Jason is thrilled), still some little stings at my ligament areas

Stretch Marks: None

Belly button: In





How far along: 21 weeks!

Maternity clothes: Loving my maternity clothes. This time around there seems to be a lot more pressure between my hip bones so anything tight around that area is extremely uncomfortable. 

Sleep: When I get sleep, it is great. My hips ache when I wake up so I just have to switch sides when that happens. My Snoogle is my best friend. 

Best moment of the week: We told our families this past week that it was a boy and they are all excited! 

Movement: Oh this little boy is a mover. All the time. I love all of it and never get tired of it.  

Food cravings: I had a craving for Thai food this week. I haven't had Thai food in ages. There is a place right down the road from our house so we picked some up on the way home from church on Sunday. It was delicious!!!

What I miss: Nothing really. 

What I'm looking forward to: We are starting the process of picking out names that we like so that is really exciting!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Indigestion is starting to creep in at night after dinner. It's not terribly bad right now but is definitely starting way earlier than when I was pregnant with E. Maybe this means he will have even more hair than she did?? 

Stretch Marks: None

Belly button: In













No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com