Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fort Worth Zoo and Race


I have been wanting to post this since Tuesday but our internet has been down until yesterday. (Yeah Verizon and I have not been friends this week) So....

My nephew has been here the past couple of weeks getting intensive therapy. Last weekend, my sister-in-law came to town with my niece, and Jason and I decided to take them to the Fort Worth Zoo on Saturday.

Before we went to the zoo, Jason had a triathlon early in the morning and I went and cheered for him. He did really well, and he got to run with one of his friends. Although, it was very early in the morning for me. =) I'm proud of him because I would never be able to do a triathlon because I don't swim unless I can touch the bottom. They swam in Joe Pool Lake and the wind was so bad that the turbulence of the waves made me sick just looking at them. There were several people who didn't make it through the swim and had to be rescued by the boats/kayak people in the water. Crazy!

He's somewhere out there

Jason and Ryan

We met my family at the Fort Worth Zoo after the race and enjoyed looking at all the animals. I love zoos!!


The elephants - my mom's favorite. And this one was determined to get through this closed gate.

This pic cracks me up every time I look at it. She got upset about something her mom said and begin to pout while I was trying to take a pic in front of her favorite animal. I swear there are pics of me at her age making that same face. Haha!


Now that's a better picture of the beautiful girl. Five minutes later..haha...




I had to get my picture by my favorite - the penguins. I want one for a pet.


Blake standing all by himself in front of his favorite - the alligators. He has learned to do this in the past couple of weeks of intensive.


The kids "wingspans"


We had such a blast at the zoo and am so glad we got to experience it with my niece and nephew. It makes it so much better when you can see it through their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com