Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!

Happy Fourth of July!!  I LOVE MY COUNTRY! I know that we are going through a lot with the economy and are hurting so much, but I think our country is amazing.  Whether or not you agree with what the government is doing or not doing, or how you don't like or like the president, I'm thankful that we live in a country where we can express our views and not be jailed or even worse -killed- for our opinions. I have traveled to many places outside the U.S. and we have it so much better than many people in the world. Our freedom is something that I am truly thankful for and I know that it has come at a cost.

Thank you to all the men and women out there who have fought for our country to preserve our freedom. Who have stood up with pride and fought against the evils of this world (i.e. slavery, Hitler, communism, and the Taliban) to not only preserve our rights and freedom but also give freedom to others. Thank you. Words cannot express enough of my gratitude. 

So no matter what you may think of our government, take a moment today to thank God that you live in this country. And remember it's up to us as citizens to make our country the way we want it to be...not the government. That's what makes our country great. I'm proud to be an American. Are you?

1 comment:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com