2016 was a rough year for our family. Now there were some great moments and oh how did I treasure those moments but as a whole 2016 wasn't that great. I was glad to see it go. Because of the year of awfulness, it was hard for me to find the energy and time to blog. I missed it because I like having this virtual blog to look back on our adventures because one day I really do want to do scrapbooks but I just don't have the time for that right now. Anyways, my goal this year is to blog more. Starting with some catch up posts from last year (sorry second child) and then back to a regular scheduled blogging. I'm also thinking about changing the name and giving codes for my kids and stuff just for privacy but we shall see.
But since you are here...I figured I would give you some life lately pictures over the last few months =)
He loves pushing his sister's strollers around with babies, trains, cars, etc in it
We've gone to several Casa MaƱana plays
Pushing our lawn mower around is almost an everyday occurrence
Lots of zoo trips
School work time
Going to homecoming at my alma mater
Lots of grocery trips with a fun ride at the end (sometimes with it not going on because mommy didn't have any quarters...oops)
Fall pumpkin patches - one of my most favorite traditions
I'm a sucker for themed pajamas. I'm going to ride this train until they no longer let me.
Traffic jams (with a few road blocks and road rage) are frequently seen in this house
Fall festival at our church
Halloween 2016! Cutest Skye and Nemo I ever did see!
Cashing in on my Christmas present from 2015 - ADELE!! It was everything I imagined it would be and more!
Lots of family walks together
A quick stop at Magnolia Market on our way to visit family and go to a wedding in Houston
Houston zoo trip with the cousin!
Wedding time with my love!
I have known this girl since elementary school (20+ years) and it was so fun to watch her marry her prince charming. We even discovered that her husband and mine graduated high school together! Small world!!
Cousin picture on Thanksgiving 2016!
Setting up the Christmas tree!
Breakfast with Santa in our neighborhood
Annual Christmas cookie decorating party with some of our dear friends. I think this is the 3rd or 4th year we have done it =)
His obsession with trains has begun. He LOVED the train under the Christmas tree this year!
Our "carriage ride" to look at lights around our little neighborhood. We did this several nights during December. The kids loved it.
Snowman breakfast on Christmas Eve morning
Christmas Eve service
Decorating Christmas cookies
Playing with their recorders Christmas morning. I clearly had a lapse in judgment when I bought those for their stockings.
Riding their big Christmas presents from us!!
Just a little glimpse into our world. I'll be back soon with monthly updates, a 4 year old post, and our fun trip to Florida. Glad to be back!!





No comments:
Post a Comment