Monday, June 20, 2016

First Week of Summer Fun!

My mom stayed the week after J's birthday party to enjoy some time with her grand babies. We had lots of fun while she was here! On Monday, we went to the zoo because they have membership Mondays in the month of June,  and you can get in an hour earlier AND ride the train and carousel for free all day. Yes, please!!
Waiting for the train


Nana and E


The best picture I could get....sigh....



Little loves waiting their turn for the carousel


E shared her horse with her brother so he could ride the carousel for the first time on a horse


We spent time playing with chalk outside several times during the week




Tuesday I left J with my mom so that I could take E on a special mommy/daughter date. One of the local libraries was having a meet and greet with Paw Patrol and I knew my Paw Patrol obsessed daughter would be excited to see them.

We are so excited to see Paw Patrol!


E become so quiet when she met Marshall and Skye at first and would only go in for a hug. After she met them though she wanted to talk to them again so she was willing to stand in the ridiculously long line to see them again. She gave them high fives and actually talked to them that time.





One happy girl 


Playing a Paw Patrol game they had there




J has decided that breakfast is silly and he shouldn't have to eat it. I'm trying to figure out things that he likes but so far I can only get him to eat fruit. Toddler problems....



We also went to the splash park. It was J's first time to actually get in the water. He liked it as long as didn't get him in the face.





We went to two libraries and signed up for their summer reading programs. We love to read books around here. Right now I have two full book bags from the library that we pull from each day.



Lots of play time with Nana

My cute kids (who hate looking at cameras) rode in the cart together while we were at Aldi. They had fun.


We also broke in our new water table that J got for his birthday. We have been having lots of fun with it!


I was really sad to see my mom go back home but we packed in a lot of fun while she was here! Can't wait for another Nana week again!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com