Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Day in the Life



I've been wanting to do a post like this for ages but kept forgetting to do it. I know that I will want to remember our day to day when she is little so I thought what better way than to document it! This was our day yesterday which I would say is a typical day for us. It's kind of long but it's for my memory so here you go:

5:45 a.m It's Jason's early day at work so he comes in the room to tell me bye, and I try to go back to sleep before E wakes up in less than 30 minutes.

6:15 Wake up to the sound of E up in the next room. So I get up and go downstairs and let Lucye out while I warm up E's medicine.

6:23 E has now set off the movement alarm monitor and is mad that I have not come to get her yet. I make a quick stop to the bathroom and put in my contacts.

6:25 Go get E from the crib and we go back into our bed and snuggle for a bit. She plays with the video monitor and crawls all over me.

6:40 Decide it's time to get up. E has her diaper changed. She takes her Prevacid and then we go nurse in her room.

7:10 We go downstairs and she plays in her pack and play while I pump for the morning. Once I am done pumping, I make her breakfast.

7:30 E has her breakfast. Today, it's oatmeal and yogurt mixed with prunes and raisins. She loves it. She likes to help feed herself the oatmeal and flings it everywhere.

8:00 E is done with breakfast. So we change her diaper and put her in an outfit for the day. She then plays on the floor for a few minutes before it's time to go down for her nap.

8:15-8:30 Read a book and sing songs and then E goes down for a nap.

8:30 I eat breakfast and change into clothes for the day. I showered the night before so all I have to do is put on an outfit, brush my teeth and put on mascara.

8:45 E is still screaming in her crib so I go in and check on her. I change her diaper because she has pooped (does this all the time!) and then put her back to bed. She falls asleep after 10 more minutes.

8:50-9:30 Meanwhile I unload the dishwasher, wash her breakfast stuff, and scan some things on the computer that I need to mail. I put together the new high chair since the bebePOD we have been using is getting too small for her. I also watch an episode of Four Weddings on the DVR.

9:30 E wakes up early from her nap. I take her downstairs and we play for a bit on the floor.

10:00 Nurse

Usually after this feeding, we usually either run errands or go for a walk to get out of the house.

10:20 Leave to head to Babies R Us and then I stopped at Home Goods since it was next door. I texted Jason this picture and said that E needed this for our new backyard at our new house. I never got a reply to that one. Humph!


I stopped on the way home to get a Chick Fil A lemonade because it was hot, and I decided I deserved one.

11:15 Get home and make E  lunch. On the menu: peach, apple and pear puree and some chicken and blueberries for finger food. She LOVES chicken. We introduced it last week and she can't get enough of it. The blueberries are new today and she wasn't a fan of them. We will try again tomorrow.

12:00 Naptime routine of book and singing and then to bed.

While she naps, I eat lunch and finish the episode of Four Weddings that I started earlier. I finish her 9 month post since she turned 9 months last week (mom fail).

12:40 E wakes up early from her nap again =). We come downstairs and play for a bit.

1:15 Nurse

1:30-2:45 Play and crawl around the house. This is where I like to practice our songs and work on sounds or "educational" things.



2:50 Go upstairs for a small nursing session and then read a book and go take a nap.

3:15 E falls asleep and I spend my time watching a House Hunters International on the DVR, cook some chicken for E's dinner, wash dishes, and start this blog post.

4:30 Jason comes home and E wakes up from her nap!

4:45 E nurses

5:00 Jason plays with E while I have a little break to do some things around the house and get her dinner ready

5:30 E eats dinner. Tonight its sweet potatoes, apples and pears mixed together and chicken as finger food. Since Jason came home early tonight, he offers to cook dinner!

6:15 E is finally done with dinner and we get in our pajamas and Jason plays with her while I get a nice little break =)

6:55 E is pulling on me and lying her head on my lap so I know it's time to go eat and start the bedtime routine. She nurses and then Jason comes upstairs puts her sleepsack on and reads her a book.

7:25 Jason has put E down to bed and she is not having it. She is upset and screaming and standing up in her crib.

7:30 Jason and I eat dinner and I start watching the Bachelorette. It's my downtime for the day.

8:00 E is still screaming in her crib so I go upstairs and calm her down. I sing to her for a few minutes and then put her back down and she falls asleep in 5 minutes.

The rest of the night is spent watching my show, picking up the house and making a wish list for things for our new house. I pump around 9:30 and then Jason and I head to bed around 10. All in all a good day!


4 comments:

  1. That messy face picture is adorable! Busy mama!! PS. LOVE her name. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading posts like these! I'm hoping to stay home when my baby is born so it's always interesting to see how other mom's spend their day. Revolved around the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day with your little one! Do you warm up her Prevacid? Does that help? Grey takes 2.5mL twice a day, which is quite the mouthful. I give it to her little by little, but she hates it! I need some tricks! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did one of these posts too--I think it's going to be so fun to look back on and remember how crazy life seemed. :)

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com