Thursday, March 7, 2013

6 months!!

*This is over a week late...mom fail*




Dear E,

HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY!! (last Wednesday) I can't believe that we are half way to your 1 year birthday. Excuse me while I go crawl into a hole of denial. You can not be this big yet. This month has been such a joy to watch you learn and explore your environment. It has been so fun to watch you grow.



You are sitting on your own now!! You can play with your toys with both hands while sitting and reach out for toys and come back into sitting. One day you were barely able to hold yourself up for more than 10 seconds and then the next day (January 30 to be exact) you were sitting up for several minutes and you haven't looked back. You also are trying to get up into sitting from the floor. You make it about halfway and then just kind of chill there instead of continuing to get up. You are rolling ALL OVER the place. I know that if I set you down in one spot on the living room floor and go throw something in the trash that you will be across the room by the time I come back! Changing your diaper is a task because you will not stay still. You are an exploring machine. It's so awesome to watch the little mind of yours work and try to figure out things. You reach for feet and play with them but haven't stuck them in your mouth yet. One day I tried to "help" you put them in your mouth and you gave me the most disgusted look and I just laughed.



You are so close to getting up on your hands and knees. You push up really high on those arms and hike those legs underneath you but then just collapse back on the floor. This occurs about 50 times a day =).

You also are loving all of your toys. You go from one toy to the next during playtime but you definitely have favorites. Your favorite kind of toys are the ones that make a crinkling sound. The pack of wipes is one of your favorite things to reach for while I'm changing your diaper. You also love your little sock monkey your daddy got for you for Valentine's Day. You are really into touching different types of textures with your hands  (food is a different story =)) and your hands are back in your mouth constantly. I think you are starting to teeth although I don't see anything trying to pop out of your gums just yet.

You are still talking a lot but it has kind of slowed down as I think you have been concentrating on sitting and trying to move more. I've heard a couple of "da's" and "ma's" but mostly when you are really mad. You still love to blow raspberries. You have become really good at taking a blanket off your head when I put it on you and are starting to do it from my head too. I will say "peek a boo" afterwards and you will just smile. So so cute! You still love your daddy and light up when he comes into the room. You also think Lucye is pretty hilarious and laugh any time you look at her. You are laughing so much more and I never get tired of hearing it. You still love "My God is so big" and now are enjoying "Head and shoulders" too.

You are still doing 3 naps a day and are going to bed around 7:30 although you fight sleep for almost an hour before you are out. You are still waking up for one night time feed and only waking 1-2 times a night now. You nurse every 3 hours but like to snack during the afternoon so those feeds are a little closer together.

You had several firsts this month. You celebrated your first Valentine's Day. It was such a fun day that you got to spend with us and we loved having you with us. You celebrated my birthday with me and I had such a fun day spending it with my number one girl. You also sat in the shopping cart for the first time. You loved it. You enjoy so much being able to just look around and see so much more than when you were in your car seat. You also tried your first foods on February 21. You have tried sweet potatoes and carrots. Your reaction to it was so - so. You also started rolling over onto your tummy while sleeping in your bed this month which really freaked your mommy out but after talking to your pediatrician he said it was fine to let you sleep that way so I don't bother trying to fix you any more =).



You are weighing in at 16 pounds 14 ounces and are at 25 inches. I think you are closer to 26 because that's what I get at home but that's what they measured you at at the doctor's office so we will stick with that. You wear 3-6 and 6 month clothes and wear a size 3 diaper when you wear disposables.



We love you sweet E. We can't believe that we are on the downward slope to you being one!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I love her bow--so so cute!!! Happy 6 months Elyanah! :)

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com